MESSAGE NO: 4081111
DATE: 03 22 1994
A - 588 - 807
01 10 1994
LIQ SUSPENSION DATE:
TO: REGIONAL DIRECTORS, COMMERCIAL OPERATIONS
DISTRICT DIRECTORS, AREA AND PORT DIRECTORS
FROM: DIRECTOR, TRADE COMPLIANCE DIVISION
RE: INDUSTRIAL BELTS FROM JAPAN (A-508807)
Pass to all import specialists, customs brokers, and other
1. The Department of Commerce has completed two administrative
reviews of the antidumping duty order on industrial belts,
parts, and components thereof, from Japan.
The final results
were published in the Federal Register on January 10, 1994.
2. Accordingly, for shipments of industrial belts, parts, and
components thereof from Japan which were entered for
consumption or withdrawn from warehouse for consumption on or
after January 10, 1994, the U.S. Customs Service shall collect
a cash deposit equal to the rate for each of the
manufacturers/exporters listed below:
Mitsuboshi Belting Ltd.
These cash deposit rates are unchanged from the final results
of the previous administrative review.
3. For any entries of this merchandise by an exporter not covered
in this or any previous administrative review, or in the
less-than-fair-value investigation, and who is unrelated to
any reviewed firm or any previously reviewed firm, but where a
cash deposit rate has been established for
(as identified above in paragraph 2), then the cash deposit
rate for those entries shall be the rate established for the
4. For any entries of this merchandise by a manufacturer or an
exporter where neither the manufacturer nor the exporter have
been covered in this or any prior administrative review, or in
the less-than-fair-value investigation, and who is unrelated
to any reviewed firm or any previously reviewed firm, then a
cash deposit at a rate of 93.16 percent shall be required.
5. This cash deposit requirements will remain in effect until
publication of the final results of the next administrative
6. Do not liquidate any entries of this merchandise included in
these administrative reviews until appraisement instructions
7. If there are any questions regarding this matter by Customs
officals, please contact the Trade Compliance Division,
Antidumping/Countervailing Duty Branch via E-mail using
attribute HQ OAB.
Other interested parties should contact
Charles Vannatta at (202) 482-5253 in the Office of
Antidumping Compliance, Import Administration, International
Trade Administration, U.S. Department of Commerce.
8. There are no restrictions on the release of this information.