TOOLS, IMPLEMENTS, CUTLERY, SPOONS AND FORKS, OF BASE
METAL; PARTS THEREOF OF BASE METAL
Additional U.S. Notes
- 1. The provisions in this chapter which specifically refer to kitchen or tableware include articles of types which are used outdoors as well as those which are used indoors.
- 2. In determining the length of files and rasps (heading 8203), the tang (if any) should not be included.
- 3. For the purposes of determining the rate of duty applicable to sets provided for in heading 8205, 8206, 8211 or 8215, a specific rate of duty or a compound rate of duty for any article in the set shall be converted to its ad valorem equivalent rate, i.e., the ad valorem rate which, when applied to the full value of the article determined in accordance with section 402 of the Tariff Act of 1930, as amended, would provide the same amount of duties as the specific or compound rate.
- 1. For the purposes of statistical reporting of sets in heading 8205, 8206, 8211 or 8215, the number of pieces reported shall be the total number of separate pieces in the set(s).
- 2. For the purposes of subheading 8211.92, the term "sheath-type knives" refers to fixed-blade knives contained in a substantial holster, i.e.,"sheath" and of a kind used in hunting and fishing.
The provisions of subchapter II of chapter 99 (Miscellaneous Tariff Bills or MTBs), the provisions of the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) found in General Note 4 and most product exclusions from the additional tariffs on products of China in subchapter III of chapter 99 expired on December 31, 2020. However, no endnotes or footnotes relating to these provisions have been deleted as of the issue date of this edition.