HEADGEAR AND PARTS THEREOF
- 1. This chapter does not cover:
- (a) Worn headgear of heading 6309;
- (b) Asbestos headgear (heading 6812); or
- (c) Dolls' hats, other toy hats or carnival articles of chapter 95.
- 2. Heading 6502 does not cover hat shapes made by sewing, other than those obtained simply by sewing strips in spirals.
Additional U.S. Note
- 1. This chapter does not include mufflers, shawls, scarves, mantillas, veils and the like (heading 6117 or 6214).
The provisions of subchapter II of chapter 99 (Miscellaneous Tariff Bills or MTBs), the provisions of the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) found in General Note 4 and most product exclusions from the additional tariffs on products of China in subchapter III of chapter 99 expired on December 31, 2020. However, no endnotes or footnotes relating to these provisions have been deleted as of the issue date of this edition.