KNITTED OR CROCHETED FABRICS 1See section XI, statistical note 5.
- 1. This chapter does not cover:
- (a) Crochet lace of heading 5804;
- (b) Labels, badges or similar articles, knitted or crocheted, of heading 5807; or
- (c) Knitted or crocheted fabrics, impregnated, coated, covered or laminated, of chapter 59. However, knitted or crocheted pile fabrics, impregnated, coated, covered or laminated, remain classified in heading 6001.
- 2. This chapter also includes fabrics made of metal thread and of a kind used in apparel, as furnishing fabrics or for similar purposes.
- 3. Throughout the tariff schedule any reference to "knitted" goods includes a reference to stitch-bonded goods in which the chain stitches are formed of textile yarn.
1. Subheading 6005.35 covers fabrics of polyethylene monofilament or of polyester multifilament, weighing not less than 30g/m2 and not more than 55 g/m2, having a mesh size of not less than 20 holes/cm2 and not more than 100 holes/cm2, and impregnated or coated with alpha-cypermethrin (ISO), chlorfenapyr (ISO), deltamethrin (INN, ISO), lambda-cyhalothrin (ISO), permethrin (ISO), or pirimiphos-methyl (ISO).
Additional U.S. Notes
- 1. For purposes of heading 6001, the term "long pile fabrics" refers to fabrics made by inserting fibers from card sliver into the loops of the ground fabric during knitting.
- 2. For purposes of this chapter, the term "open-work fabrics" means fabrics with stable open meshes, whether or not containing inwrought designs.
- 1. For purposes of statistical reporting numbers 6001.92.0010 and 6001.92.0030, the term "velour" refers to fabrics containing 12 or more stitches per centimeter in the vertical direction.
The provisions of subchapter II of chapter 99 (Miscellaneous Tariff Bills or MTBs), the provisions of the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) found in General Note 4 and most product exclusions from the additional tariffs on products of China in subchapter III of chapter 99 expired on December 31, 2020. However, no endnotes or footnotes relating to these provisions have been deleted as of the issue date of this edition.