MISCELLANEOUS CHEMICAL PRODUCTS
- 1 Subheadings 3808.52 and 3808.59 cover only goods of heading 3808, containing one or more of the following substances: alachlor (ISO); aldicarb (ISO); aldrin (ISO): azinphos-methyl (ISO); binapacryl (ISO); camphechlor (ISO) (toxaphene); captafol (ISO); DDT (ISO); clofenotane (INN); 1,1,1-thrichloro-2,2-bis(p-chlorophenyl)ethane); (dieldrin (ISO); it salts or its esters; endosulfan (ISO); ethylene dibromide (ISO) (1,2-dibromoethane); ethylene dichloride (ISO) (1,2-dichloroethane); fluoroacetamide (ISO); heptachlor (ISO); hexachlorobenzene (ISO); 1,2,3,4,5,6-hexachlorocyclohexane (HCH) (ISO); including lindane (ISO, INN); mercury compounds; methamidophos (ISO); monocrotophos (ISO); oxirane (ethylene oxide); parathion (ISO); parathion-methyl(ISO) (methylparathion); penta- and octabromodiphenyl ethers; pentachlorophenol (ISO), its salts or its esters; perfluorooctane sulfonic acid and its salts; perfluorooctane sulfonamides; perfluorooctane fulfonly fluoride; phosphamidon (IDO); 2,4,5-T (ISO) (2,4,5-trichlorophenoxyacetic acid), its salts or its esters tributyltin compounds.
Subheading 3808.59 also covers dustable powder formulations containing a mixture of benomyl (ISO), carbofuran (ISO) and thiram (ISO).
- 2. Subheadings 3808.61 to 3808.69 cover only goods of heading 3808, containing alpha-cypermethrin (ISO), bendiocarb (ISO), bifenthrin (ISO), chlorfenapyr (ISO), cyfluthrin (ISO), deltamethrin (INN, ISO), etofenprox (INN), fenitrothion (ISO), lambda-cyhalothrin (ISO), malathion (ISO), pirimiphos-methyl (ISO) or propoxur (ISO).
- 3. Subheadings 3824.81 to 3824.88 cover only mixtures and preparations containing one or more of the following substances: oxirane (ethylene oxide), polybrominated biphenyls (PBBs), polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs), polychlorinated terphenyls (PCTs), tris(2,3-dibromopropyl) phosphate, aldrin (ISO), campheclor (ISO) (toxaphene), chlordane (ISO), chlordecone (ISO), DDT (ISO) (clofenatone) (INN), 1,1,1-trichloro-2,2-bis(p-chlorophenyl)ethane), dieldrin (ISO, INN), endosulfan (ISO), endrin (ISO), heptachlor (ISO), mirex (ISO), 1,2,3,4,5,6-hexachlorocyclohexane (HCH (ISO)), including lindane (ISO, INN), pentachlorobenzene (ISO), hexachlorobenzene (ISO), perfluorooctane sulfonic acid, its salts, perfluorooctane sulfonamides, perfluorooctane sulfonyl fluoride or tetra-, penta-, hexa-, hepta-, or octabromodiphenyl ethers.
- 4. For the purposes of subheadings 3825.41 and 3825.49, "waste organic solvents" are wastes containing mainly organic solvents, not fit for further use as presented as primary products, whether or not intended for recovery of the solvents.
- 1. For the purposes of statistical reporting number 3808.94.5080, hand sanitizer must meet the requirements of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the preparation of the disinfecting hand sanitizers.
- 2. For the purposes of heading 3824, the term "biodiesel" means fatty acid esters of a kind used as fuel, derived from animal or vegetable fats and oils, whether or not used.
- 3. For the purposes of statistical reporting number 3824.78.0020, the term "hydrofluorocarbon refrigerant blends" consists of hydrofluorocarbon mixtures containing at least pentafluoroethane (R125) or difluoromethane (R32) or 1,1,1-trifluoroethane (R143a), mixed, with or without other ingredients.
- 4. For the purposes of statistical reporting numbers 3824.99.2840 and 3824.99.9280, mixtures for use in “personal electric or electronic vaporizing devices” means a formulated liquid containing nicotine, whether or not packaged for retail sale in cartridges or tanks adaptable to such devices. Personal electric or electronic vaporizing devices electrically heat or atomize liquids or other substances producing a vapor to be inhaled through the mouthpiece. These devices are commonly known as electronic cigarettes, “e-cigarettes”, “e-hookahs”, “e-pipes”, vaporizers or “vaping” systems.
The provisions of subchapter II of chapter 99 (Miscellaneous Tariff Bills or MTBs), the provisions of the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) found in General Note 4 and most product exclusions from the additional tariffs on products of China in subchapter III of chapter 99 expired on December 31, 2020. However, no endnotes or footnotes relating to these provisions have been deleted as of the issue date of this edition.