EXPLOSIVES; PYROTECHNIC PRODUCTS; MATCHES;
PYROPHORIC ALLOYS; CERTAIN COMBUSTIBLE PREPARATIONS
- 1. This chapter does not cover separate chemically defined compounds other than those described in note 2(a) or (b) below.
- 2. The expression "articles of combustible materials" in heading 3606 applies only to:
- (a) Metaldehyde, hexamethylenetetramine and similar substances, put up in forms (for example, tablets, sticks or similar forms) for use as fuels; fuels with a basis of alcohol, and similar prepared fuels, in solid or semi-solid form;
- (b) Liquid or liquefied-gas fuels in containers of a kind used for filling or refilling cigarette or similar lighters, and of a capacity not exceeding 300 cm 3; and
- (c) Resin torches, firelighters and the like.
Additional U.S. Note
- 1. The importation of white phosphorus matches is prohibited.
The provisions of subchapter II of chapter 99 (Miscellaneous Tariff Bills or MTBs), the provisions of the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) found in General Note 4 and most product exclusions from the additional tariffs on products of China in subchapter III of chapter 99 expired on December 31, 2020. However, no endnotes or footnotes relating to these provisions have been deleted as of the issue date of this edition.