MEAT AND EDIBLE MEAT OFFAL
- 1. This chapter does not cover:
- (a) Products of the kinds described in headings 0201 to 0208 or 0210, unfit or unsuitable for human consumption;
- (b) Guts, bladders, or stomachs of animals (heading 0504) or animal blood (heading 0511 or 3002); or
- (c) Animal fat, other than products of heading 0209 (chapter 15)
Additional U.S. Notes
- 1. For the purposes of this chapter--
- (a) The term "processed" covers meats which have been ground or comminuted, diced or cut into sizes for stew meat or similar uses, rolled and skewered, or specially processed into fancy cuts, special shapes, or otherwise made ready for particular uses by the retail consumer.
- (b) The term "high-quality beef cuts" means beef specially processed into fancy cuts, special shapes, or otherwise made ready for particular uses by the retail consumer (but not ground or comminuted, diced or cut into sizes for stew meat or similar uses, or rolled or skewered), which meets the specifications in regulations issued by the U.S. Department of Agriculture for Prime or Choice beef, and which has been so certified prior to exportation by an official of the government of the exporting country, in accordance with regulations issued by the Secretary of the Treasury after consultation with the Secretary of Agriculture.
- 2. In assessing the duty on meats, no allowance shall be made for normal components thereof such as bones, fat, and hide or skin. The dutiable weight of meats in airtight containers subject to specific rates includes the entire contents of the containers.
- 3. The aggregate quantity of beef, entered under subheadings 0201.10.10, 0201.20.10, 0201.20.30, 0201.20.50, 0201.30.10, 0201.30.30, 0201.30.50, 0202.10.10, 0202.20.10, 0202.20.30, 0202.20.50, 0202.30.10, 0202.30.30 and 0202.30.50 in any calendar year shall not exceed the quantities specified in this note.
|Other countries or areas|| 65,005|
Imports under these provisions are subject to regulations issued by the United States Trade Representative.
The provisions of subchapter II of chapter 99 (Miscellaneous Tariff Bills or MTBs), the provisions of the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) found in General Note 4 and most product exclusions from the additional tariffs on products of China in subchapter III of chapter 99 expired on December 31, 2020. However, no endnotes or footnotes relating to these provisions have been deleted as of the issue date of this edition.