OIL SEEDS AND OLEAGINOUS FRUITS;
MISCELLANEOUS GRAINS, SEEDS AND FRUIT;
INDUSTRIAL OR MEDICINAL PLANTS; STRAW AND FODDER
- 1. Heading 1207 applies, inter alia, to palm nuts and kernels, cotton seeds, castor oil seeds, sesame seeds, mustard seeds, safflower seeds, poppy seeds and shea nuts (karite nuts). It does not apply to products of heading 0801 or 0802 or to olives (chapter 7 or chapter 20).
- 2. Heading 1208 applies not only to non-defatted flours and meals but also to flours and meals which have been partially defatted or defatted and wholly or partially refatted with their original oils. It does not, however, apply to residues of headings 2304 to 2306.
- 3. For the purposes of heading 1209, beet seeds, grass and other herbage seeds, seeds of ornamental flowers, vegetable seeds, seeds of forest trees, seeds of fruit trees, seeds of vetches (other than those of the species Vicia faba ) or of lupines are to be regarded as "seeds of a kind used for sowing".
Heading 1209 does not, however, apply to the following even if for sowing:
- (a) Leguminous vegetables or sweet corn (chapter 7);
- (b) Spices or other products of chapter 9;
- (c) Cereals (chapter 10); or
- (d) Products of headings 1201 to 1207 or of heading 1211.
- 4. Heading 1211 applies, inter alia , to the following plants or parts thereof: basil, borage, ginseng, hyssop, licorice, all species of mint, rosemary, rue, sage and wormwood.
Heading 1211 does not, however, apply to:
- (a) Medicaments of chapter 30;
- (b) Perfumery, cosmetic or toilet preparations of chapter 33; or
- (c) Insecticides, fungicides, herbicides, disinfectants or similar products of heading 3808.
- 5. For the purposes of heading 1212, the term "seaweeds and other algae" does not include:
- (a) Dead single-cell microorganisms of heading 2102;
- (b) Cultures of microorganisms of heading 3002; or
- (c) Fertilizers of heading 3101 or 3105.
- 1. For the purposes of subheading 1205.10, the expression "low erucic acid rape or colza seeds" means rape or colza seeds yielding a fixed oil which has an erucic acid content of less than 2 percent by weight and yielding a solid component which contains less than 30 micromoles of glucosinolates per gram.
Additional U.S. Notes
- 1. No allowance in weight shall be made for dirt or other impurities in seed of any kind provided for in this chapter.
- 2. The aggregate quantity of peanuts entered under subheadings 1202.30.40, 1202.41.40, 1202.42.40, 2008.11.25 and 2008.11.45 during the 12-month period from April 1 in any year through the following March 31, inclusive, shall not exceed the quantities specified herein (articles the product of Mexico shall not be permitted or included under this quantitative limitation and no such articles shall be classifiable therein).
| ||Entered in the 12-month period from April 1 in any year through the following March 31, inclusive|
|Other countries or areas||9,005|
For the purposes of this note, imports of peanuts in the shell shall be charged against the quantities in this note on the basis of 75 kilograms for each 100 kilograms of peanuts in the shell.
Imports of peanuts under this note are subject to such regulations as may be issued by the United States Trade Representative or other designated agency.
- 1. For a list of approved standards for "Certified organic", see General Statistical Note 6.
The provisions of subchapter II of chapter 99 (Miscellaneous Tariff Bills or MTBs), the provisions of the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) found in General Note 4 and most product exclusions from the additional tariffs on products of China in subchapter III of chapter 99 expired on December 31, 2020. However, no endnotes or footnotes relating to these provisions have been deleted as of the issue date of this edition.