- 1. This chapter covers all live animals except:
- (a) Fish and crustaceans, molluscs and other aquatic invertebrates, of heading 0301, 0306, 0307 or 0308;
- (b) Cultures of microorganisms and other products of heading 3002; and
- (c) Animals of heading 9508.
Additional U.S. Notes
- 1. The expression "purebred breeding animals" covers only animals certified to the U.S. Customs Service by the Department of Agriculture as being purebred of a recognized breed and duly registered in a book of record recognized by the Secretary of Agriculture for that breed, imported specially for breeding purposes, whether intended to be used by the importer himself or for sale for such purposes. 1The animal certificate of pure breeding is an obsolete form and can no longer be obtained from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Consult U.S. Customs for additional information.
- 2. Certain special provisions applying to live animals are in chapter 98.
The provisions of subchapter II of chapter 99 (Miscellaneous Tariff Bills or MTBs), the provisions of the Generalized System of Preferences (GSP) found in General Note 4 and most product exclusions from the additional tariffs on products of China in subchapter III of chapter 99 expired on December 31, 2020. However, no endnotes or footnotes relating to these provisions have been deleted as of the issue date of this edition.